Next Decision for JiraBacklog Prioritization making only "this or that" decisions between pairs of issues Install on Atlassian Marketplace
How to create a new decision session
- The main screen of Next Decision for Jira is used for starting a new prioritization session or to join an existing one.
- Each decision session happens in a live room. Each room has a 6-digit Room ID.
- To join an existing session, paste or type the 6-digit Room ID in the box and click “Join”.
- To start a new room, click “Start a Prioritization session”.
- A new decision session is created by giving the room a name, specifying the issues to prioritize, the decision type and the desired decision accuracy.
- Issues can be selected either manually from a list (BASIC mode) or using a JQL query.
- A minimum of 4 issues is required to start a new session
- Decision Type:
Win-Lose – a forced decision between two options
Win-Draw-Lose – a draw decision will be allowed in the voting session.
- Accuracy – higher accuracy may need more decision rounds
- Session Name can be any text. We suggest to phrase it as a question when it makes sense.
- Click “Create” to create the decision and the live room
How to manage a decision session
The top of the room management screen shows the following information:
- The name of the session
- The current round and total number of rounds
- Room ID. Click the icon before the number to copy the Room ID, to share with other participants
- The “Close Round” button that changes to “Start Round” when the current round is closed
- All the participants in the room are shown below
- A participant who cast their vote has a checkmark over their profile picture
- Administrator’s profile picture has a crown on it
- The administrator votes from the bottom section of the admin page (under Vote Here section)
- When all the participants cast their votes (including the admin), click “Close Round”.
After a round is finished, Current Standing section on the page will show the sorted list of the issues, along with their score.
After the final round is closed, this table will show the final standings.
To start a new round, click “Start Round”.
When clicked, all the participants and the administrator will see a new list of pairs of issues to vote on.
To go to the next round, click “Start Round”.
When clicked, all the participants and the admin will see a new list of pairs of issues to vote on.
When all rounds are complete, Decision Status changes to “complete” and a new button, “Adjust and apply ranking to Jira” appears.
Click this button to preview the final standings and adjust them, if needed, before applying the rankings back to Jira.
Preview Result screen presents the final standings after all the voting rounds are complete.
Drag and drop the issues, if manual change to rankings is needed.
When done, click “Apply to Jira”, and the application will save the ranking in the issues. The rankings affect the relative order of issues in an unsorted list. If the issues were part of a backlog, for example, they’ll appear sorted according to the list in this screen.
Prioritize your Jira backlog
Get the app on the Atlassian Marketplace
Making decisions is never easy, making them as a group is even harder. We are here to provide you with tools to help you make better, quicker, more transparent decisions. Next Decision uses a proprietary algorithm to match the best options to create the most accurate decisions.
Next Decision – Simplifying Decision Making!